Tuesday, March 19, 2013

after a long absence from the blog…




I am doing new work, and at the end of February I moved into a new studio. Though I loved my tiny place on the fourth floor, I took advantage of the opportunity to move to a bigger spot that I'm sharing with two other women. One of my studio-mates is a watercolor painter, and the other is a picture framer.

The studio is pretty big, with high ceilings, a distressed wood floor, and two windows. The windows are a big deal because my previous space was windowless.

The studio may be big, but the paintings I'm making are small. Tiny. Here are three.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Diane, I love the juxtapositions of colors in these. Especially in the first one ... that orange embedded in the yellow and green. And the subtle textures. Sometimes your colors are so soft against each other and sometimes so bold. So glad you are having fun exploring in your new space. I just discovered your photos from Dec 2011 of the ice and leaves and sand. Very beautiful. Emily Moore

    ReplyDelete